As promised in Part 1 of our blog post on how we optimized our corporate website to massively cut bounce rate while boosting demo requests (if you haven’t read it, read it now!), here’s Part 2 where we go more in-depth into the design overhaul. I really wanted to get Liam sharing on how he approached the design phase after we identified all potential areas of improvement.
Liam is the design boss here at Pressly. He oversees the design of the product, the website, and our clients’ hubs. If recruiters could clone him and sell him, they would all be driving Bentleys and replacing their iPhones with Vertus.
So we asked Liam a few questions and here is what he had to say:
Like pretty much every company out there, we’re constantly trying to optimize our website. And like every other marketing team out there, we release iterations that suck and versions that rock. Our newest website is one of the latter and below is our ‘secret sauce’.
Here are the numbers —comparing the first week of December 2014 to the first week of March 2015. Let me walk you through what we did, step by step.
TL;DR:We released a very effective and highly performing website. To do it, we took time to go through market research and customer feedback, adjusted our voice to match what we are–young, fun and clever–removed all unnecessary industry jargon, excluded boring feature lists from the public site, and trusted our awesome designer to turn it all into a visually appealing product. Look at the screenshot above–it worked for us!